Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Telegraph Reports

The telegraph writes about how Apple had employed at least eleven 15 year-olds in their factories overseas. They reviewed the hiring procedure and can't figure out how they slipped through the net. I guess Apple has had a history of bad labor, with this description being my favorite:
Apple has been repeatedly criticised for using factories that abuse workers and where conditions are poor. Last week, it emerged that 62 workers at a factory that manufactures products for Apple and Nokia had been poisoned by n-hexane, a toxic chemical that can cause muscular degeneration and blur eyesight. Apple has not commented on the problems at the plant, which is run by Wintek, in the Chinese city of Suzhou.
UH-OH! (Read the rest of the Telegraph article here)

Of course I already knew that children were being employed... how you might ask? Well, I'm just perceptive.

Here, in this blog, is some of the evidence I found that helped me realize children were working in apple factories.

No comments:

Post a Comment